Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sad days...

So this past Monday my dad called and said my grandpa was not doing well and could only have a few days to a few weeks left. So needless to say I was making plans to go down tomorrow (Thursday) and stay for a few days and visit my grandparents. Well on Tuesday my dad left a message to call him. It didnt sound good and I figured something happened to my grandpa. Well, when I called my dad he asked if I talked with my brother yet. I said no. He then said, "Well, moms dead." My grandma had passed away late Monday night from heart problems. Talk about unexpected. So I am heading down still tomorrow morning for the viewing and funeral. The crappy part is I may being going back in the days/weeks to come for my grandpa too. They spent around 64 years together which is awesome. It is a sad time.

4 comments:

Kate Noel said...

Aww man... I'm so sorry. I know how that feels. I'll be praying for you and your family during this time. Have a safe trip.

Barackaphobia said...

Have a safe trip. I'm praying for you and your family.

Stephanie said...

It's never easy, expected or not. We'll be praying for you. That is awesome about the 64 years!

Anonymous said...

oh scott, i'm really sorry, i'm praying and thinking about you and your family too. and i second what stephanie said about 64 years, how awesome...that really is amazing. miss you :) ~abby